Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 PM

Default 3 hands I may have overplayed (2/4 6-max)

Hand 1, all players at table have between $500 and $550 except shorty. Table has been pretty aggressive with a fair amount of preflop raising and reraising.

UTG folds, I raise AKo to $16 UTG+1, CO, button, and SB call, shorty in BB pushes for $68, I push for $550

My thinking here was that, if somebody had AA or KK, I'd've heard about it before now. There's tons of dead money in the pot so pushing to isolate the short stack is a massive overbet but I can't see myself being in any real trouble even if somebody calls.

Hand 2:

I have only 2 orbits with SB and haven't seen him do anything notable. He's been sitting with significantly less than the buyin since I got here so I'll be prejudiced and assume he isn't good. Folded to SB, he makes it $10, I reraise to $35 with AKo, he makes it $80, I push (he only had $276 to start the hand, I cover).

Hand 3

I have no read at all on villain as this was my 2nd hand at the table. Villain opens for $20 UTG+1, folded to me in SB, I make it $65 with KcKh, BB folds, villain calls.

Flop comes Qd6c5c, I bet $100, villain pushes, I call.
Edit: started hand 3 with $400