Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 02:12 PM

Default May Have Butchered Every Street Leading To Turn Mistake

Here’s a simple problem from a $400 fixed buy-in B&M no limit game with $5 and $10 blinds. The action is only OK for this type of game and I’m planning to get up when I finish a meal so long term meta-game doesn’t matter much.

I’ve been card dead, getting blinded off and winning one small pot with a flop bet in the last hour and have $360. Everyone has me covered. The players were strangers to me before starting this short session.

UTG+1, a moderately tight and somewhat observant/thinking player sitting open raises for $30 (his normal raise so far). All fold to the CO who calls. CO just sat down and looks like the type who takes poker seriously. I’m on the button holding AK offsuit. I consider a raise to about $100 but decide to just call. Blinds fold and pot is $100 after rake.

Is calling wrong by a lot?

If you raise, is $100 about right or do you push?

The flop comes A-T-3 rainbow. UTG+1 bets $100. CO folds. I consider raising all-in but decide to just call. I have $230 left after my call. Pot is $300. How bad is not pushing or raising here?

The tune comes a nine completing the rainbow. UTG+1 checks. What’s my play for the rest of the hand?

All comments appreciated.

~ Rick