Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2003, 07:20 AM

Default How bad can it get?

Right now I am in the middle of a horrendous streak. I have currently swung over 220 big bets in the wrong direction from my peak. This has happened over the past week and a half or so. I have been getting beats so often I forgot what it is like to have 2 consecutive hands stand up. Of course I win the occasional pot, but for the most part every set gets cracked, KK loses to Axos (but no ace on flop, that would be cheaper) or I win a small pot, etc. Basically I am getting destroyed. I have been playing about 6 years, 4 online, and have always done well. I have played over 40 hours during this streak. All of this has been at Party.

Is there something I don't know? Is it good t limp in with A8os, call raises cold with K6os, etc? Is it wise to protect your blind every time? Seriously though, am I just playing too tight? I usually play 3 or more tables- is this why I suddenly suck? I have been doing it for months now, but I wonder if maybe I was just getting lucky. I don't know. At this point I am disgusted with my recent results, but I swear, I sit down every time and think, "its part of the game, just play correctly, etc, etc., you want your opponents to play bad" But the horribe flops and costly suckouts keep coming. I mean, normally I don't mind people calling my raises cold with J7, but I am starting to wonder if maybe it is the way to go!

Example: I have 44 and limp in after another limper, there is a raise and 6 see the flop. The flop is Kh3s4s. It is capped on the flop. Turn is a queen. It is capped again. The river is a red 5- no flush. There have been 4 of us up to this point. Suddenly this guy bets and only I call. He has Ad2d. 3 outs, assuming the others were on flush draws. The pot was over 300 bucks in 5-10. This was the most memorable of the suckouts, but by no means the only one. The others have been of the "I flop a set it gets capped by the guys with top pair but the running hearts come to give someone the 1 card flush" variety. I have noticed that at Party, it is virtually impossible to get players to fold unless you have been showing down winners, and even then, u will get paid by Ace high. You can fold for 15 minutes straight and then raise UTG only to find 6 callers. The "schooling" effect is killing me, but perhaps it is something more? Should I go back to No Limit and leave the limit games? Is this something I should get used to? Am I playing too low for logic to weigh in my favor?

Help!