Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Missing Cat... Any chance he\'ll come back?

Continuously leave food just inside the window. Chances are he's hiding somewhere close by and is starving. He can smell his food from a long way away, so if he's anywhere close, he should come home. Also, if you can make "filling the food bowl" noises near the window, this might encourage him to come home.

Check the animal shelter. You never know, he might be there, though if he has tags they would have called you.

My indoor cat escaped last fall and was gone for 4 days. We put up signs all over the neighbourhood, went out every evening searching for him, went to the animal shelter every day on my way home from work, and kept calling his name from the back porch every night. I left food out for him every night, but he wasn't coming home. I'd almost given up hope when he suddenly appeared at the back door, eating the food I'd left out for him. He ran off when I opened the back door to get him, but I moved the bowl just inside the house and waited. About ten minutes later he slowly walked inside...he was totally freaked out, but was obviously starving from being outside for so long.

So don't give up...he's probably just freaked out and hiding somewhere. Eventually hunger will bring him back.