Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Trusting your read

Couldnt get the converter to work so Ill try to type it how it happened.

Party 3/6 9 players

Hero is CO with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG limps, 2 more limpers, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG reraises, all call.
5 players, 15.5SB
FLOP A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
All players check
5 players, 7.75BB
Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets, 2 calls, Hero folds, BB folds.

Heres my thinking. UTG is a 14/7/4.2 over 3600 hands.I look at my notes on UTG and all I have on him is this:
ALWAYS limp reraises AA.
ALWAYS checks flop when he is PFR and hits a set.
I dont really remember making these notes but when I have ALWAYS in caps it usually means that Ive seen this play made over and over by the player.
So I folded my hand and congratulated myself on folding a hand that anyone else at the table would have lost a lot of money on.
The next card off is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I kick myself in the ass. The river is capped 2 way and UTG shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Other player shows K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
The play turned out to be worst case scenario but I was drawing at one out. I like the fold still even though I would have taken down a monster.
When discussing the hand with a friend later on we disagreed on the play. Figured Id get as second(third and fourth) opinion.

Anyone else able to make this fold??