Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 04:02 AM

Default why does sklansky spend so much time on the philos section?and other?s

question one: why does sklansky spend so much time here? if he is so certain that god doesnt exist, why does he care to spend so many of his waking hours in this part of his wonderful forum? why doesnt he spend more time on the nolimit section instead, so that donks like me can profit more easily? if everything is meaningless and w/o purpose, then why expend such great effort seeking 'truth' that doesnt actually exist?

question 2: what is sklansky's favorite hemingway book? i read 'old man and the sea' in 9th grade, and some other title i cant remember, but that's the extent of my heminway experience. i do remember seeing some dooshbag kid outside a bar one night reading 'old man', trying to be cool and to pass for an 'intellectual'. i am pretty sure, though, that he was no Sklansky!

3) how much money has sklansky made at poker in his lifetime?

question 4) what are some of the flaws that you agnostic's see with pascal's wager. wasnt he one of the great scientists of the past millenium?

5) daniel n. and david s. agree to play a game of strip poker, to be observed by carmen e. who does carmen e. want to win?

question 6: why do many atheists on this forum despise the ID movement and argue vehemently that it should not be taught in school. assuming it's not legitimate science, so what? if you are an atheist, why the hell would you care whether or not the 'true' scientific theory of origins is taught to your kids. why the hell would it matter? many 'evolutionists' seem to elevate their ideas to such exalted heights and defend it as if disbelief in the theory would lead to eternal suffering of your soul in gehenna. to me it seems irrational for them to care so passionately abou this issue. if i was an atheist, i really wouldnt give a sh*t about what my kids believed about origins.

7) does sklansky ever play online? if so, where, and what is his screen name?