Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Another floor ruling on mucked cards thread ( from Taj on Fri )

hey guys,

this happened in the 200+25 friday night Taj tourney. It caused quite an uproar and the shift manager was called in. Give your opinion.

My friend was at the table and told me what happened.

OK, theres a noob crazy player UTG in seat 1, he goes all in when up to him preflop. It gets folded around to seat 10 who still has his cards in hole. All in raiser thinks everyone has folded and starts collecting his raise back and tosses in his cards face down, and just the corner of one card barely touches the muck.

Then seat 10 says "Im all in". He then immediately bursts out, I win no matter what, his hand is dead!

by the way, seat 10 is that indian guy who wears the purple hat and lakers gear all the time, taj regulars should know who im talking about.

when he says that, seat 1 grabs back his cards and turns them up. He has 9s and seat 10 has 4s. A big argument starts going of wether the hand should be played or if seat 10 automatically wins. The dealer, and floormen agree with seat 1, and say the hand should be able to be played. Seat 10 gets real mad and demands the shift manager. Shift manager defaults to floormen's descion.

I think this was a bad ruling. Seat 1 f-cked up, he deserves to lose.

did anyone see this? it shut down the table for like a whole level during the tourney.