Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Week 2 NFL Review

Not sure if there is any interest in this, but I thought I'd start a thread and see what happens.

I'd like to see some sort of discussion of the week 2 games against the spread. Its not fair to go back through people's "my picks!" threads and shred them, but I thought some sort of discussion about outcomes and what they might tell us in the future might be helpful. I'd especially like to hear from folks that saw the games (live or on TV) and might be able to add more insight than what the final score was.

EX:

Chargers +3 @ Denver : Result = TIE

My thoughts:
1 - the Chargers were outplayed most of the game and still managed to only lose by 3. The Broncos marched right down the field with their opening drive only to have Anderson fumble while trying to leap the pile at the goal line.
2 - once again LT didn't get enough touches. He tore up the Broncs in the first half, and then was MIA for most of the 2nd half.
3 - The chargers secondary is TERRIBLE! They have now made Drew Bledsoe and Jake Plummer look excellent in back to back weeks
4 - the chargers run D is very good. That 3-4 does a great job of stuffing the run with athletic linebackers. They just dont' get after the QB very well
5 - Schottenheimer is brutal. 1st play of the 2nd half is a play action fake to a 6yd out? Come on, if you want to go PA to start the half, fine, but at least run Gates on a seam route or turn Parker loose up the sideline and have Brees throw an "only my guy can catch this" pass.
6 - The Broncos are tough at home

49ers / Eagles:
1 - McNabb is fine
2 - the 9er D (2ndary especially)is just horrible. How did the Rams lose to these guys? On TO's 2nd TD, the 9er safety took an absolutely horrible angle to the pass, was 3yards late getting there anyhow and then gave up on the play. I want to be in the film room today when they review that play -- that guy is going to get his ass handed to him. And there were several other plays like that (GLewis' TD is another example of the safety making a poor decision).

Those are the 2 games I spent a lot of time watching. I saw most of the 4th quarter of the Pats game, but don't have any insight there except to say that the Pats aren't the unbeatable team they were last year. There are chinks in that Defense.

Any thoughts on any other games?

If this thread dies I won't start one next week...
FishNChips