Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (9/16)

hmmm, two thoughts...

first off - I'm not sure I explained it well, but here goes.

If there is $2800 dead money in the pot and you're faced with an all-in bet of $1300 on the river, you have a few options. One obviously is fold and lose the money already inveested. But if you know the player is going to "run" the river more than once, you can call because of the dead money in the middle. Think about it...Mo calls with his aces knowing Ed will run the river three times. If Ed is bluffing great, then MO is ahead. If Ed has two pair...then Mo has 8 outs. If you run it three times, the odds are that Mo will probably hit one of those outs once. Yes, each turn and river has the same odds...but do it three times, see what happens. Anyway, if Mo wins just one of those three times, he'll get 1/3 of the entire pot - not just the last $1300 in there, but also the $2800 that's already dead in the middle. So Mo is risking $1300...but in most circumstances, he'll win at least $1800 (1/3rd of the pot).

Get it?

Flip a coin - heads or tails right? But, what are the odds of hitting 10 heads in a row? Think of it that way.

As for Barry Woods, I spoke to him. He gave me a long explanation of the night's hands - hopefully he'll post something. If not, I'll talk about it next week.

Have a good weekend everyone...