Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2005, 02:39 AM

Default AQo at 2+2 nano table

I was nursing a headache earlier, and thought this game would be fun as opposed to trying to multitable higher stakes poorly. Game is composed of some very tough TAGs, although a couple players were LAGging it up a bit.

I played extremely tight and aggressive, ending up 12/8/2.6 after 109 hands, although I think my VPIP was only 8-9 at this point. I'd won nearly every hand I played so far, most without showdowns. CO was sparkygoblue, 27/17/1.53.

CO is raising with a wide range of hands here obviously. I am used to a bet/bet/check line with UI overs HU against passive donks, so am not quite sure how to play this.

Preflop and flop are standard, no? I was kind of expecting an obligatory flop checkraise, and planned on calling down if it happened. The turn checkraise surprised me, do I have an easy fold here? I thought there was a decent range of straight draws or overcards that might be trying to push me off the hand. I felt stupid as soon as I hit call, but figured I was showdown committed at that point and called the river.

What if I didn't bet the turn with the intention of calling a bet on the river (raising if I hit a pair)? Is a bet/check/call line ok, or is bet/bet/check still stronger with the intention of bailing if it goes awry?

Thanks in advance for input, comments on all streets are welcome.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>