Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Deep stack implied odds call

[ QUOTE ]
Its fine if you know your player. If you know you will be able to push him out of the hand on certain boards or if you know he'll never lay down AA when you flop trips, you can call. If you don't know him so well and don't have a clear idea of what sort of board you need to win the pot (either by representing something or by value betting something when he can't fold), you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the villian made out the huge raise, I could tell he had probably 10-10+ or AK. I was about to automuck when I thought "This guy just lost a bad hand, he is obviously upset with his huge raise". So I called.

We're heads up to a flop of 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

He bets 10 dollars into the 8 dollar pot. I raised to $24 dollars, and he pushed all in with his Queens.

The whole table hated the play, and I thought it was close, but to call $4 to make $75 I'll call with most suited cards if I know I can stack the guy.

If I had just sat down at the table, and I have no reads, I think this is a fold most times though.

Thanks for all the input.

Brad