Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2005, 04:56 AM

Default I think I have a leak in live games.. maybe not

After playing online for so long in cash games i've grown accustomed to a certain style of play that is tight and very aggressive. I believe this to be a long term winning strategy but in cash games it just seems as though since you see hands so slow you are left sitting there playing very tight. How do you guys play in a cash game where there is a raise pre flop EVERY hand (100%... yes I was paying attention) and nearly every pot went to the river. Average pots were $20-$30 and the blinds were only .25/.5. There was no way in hell you were going to bluff these guys since they were 100% calling stations and maniacs... do you just play tight and wait for a hand? I'm assuming this is the only way but I felt like I was playing less than optimally sitting there folding that much and everyone saying "Wow you're so tight". I just don't see any other way to play when every hand is raised ahead of you and you're looking down at rags. Online it would just be one of 4 tables and i'd just continue to fold at it and try to see a cheap flop and get paid off. Wouldn't even bother me much, but in live since its the only table you're at and seeing no results it just seems very unproductive.