Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2005, 03:05 PM

Default novice seeking advice (long post, sorry)

Hi - I'm a soldier deployed in Iraq with a bit of free time on my hands. So I started playing at pp on .5/1 and lost about 250BB. I was the textbook fish. As a result I've decided to learn how to play hold em profitably.

First I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this forum for already giving me a plethora of information, including how to raise my bankroll via bonuses.

I've read WLLH and SSH and TOP - I'm currenlty rereading SSH becuase some of the concepts went over my head the first time. I think I'm beginning to figure out whats going on - I've worked my way up 100BB the past couple weeks.

I've compared my stats with the stat info on this forum's guidlines topic and I'm pretty close to par. I started using PT when I was a fish, which made my stats look initially horrible but I think it helped me recognize that I was messing up, not the cards.

I am wondering where to go from here? There are still several books on my to read list - HEPFAP, SS1, Yao's "weighing the odds in hold'em poker".

1)Is there any particular order I should read these books?
2)Are there other essential books that I have missed?
3)How should I divide my time between reading informative topics on this forum/reading these books/playing/bonus whoring?
4)Are there any crucial topics within this forum that I may have overlooked?
5)Should I shut up now?