Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Poker and attention deficit disorder

I was diagnosed with this a year ago. Does anyone on here play with ADD or have some other serious problem with distractions? I play a lot of 3 table 3/6, and I think my ABC game is pretty well developed, but as soon as I step up and play a 1 table 10/20 game, where I need to start paying attention to my opponents, I just can't do it. Playing three LL games is cool with me, but I really want to believe I have the ability to move up. I just don't have the confidence in my ability. Please, someone give me a trick, some way to keep focus on my opponents.

BTW, I am not posting this because I "took my shot" at higher limits and missed. I'm actually up after 7000 hands of 5/10 and up, but in my heart of hearts, I know the reason I made some cash was because I caught some good starting hands and hit a couple extra draws. So don't tell me I'm just overestimating my opponents. My conclusion that my ability to play 10/20 or 15/30 more profitably than my 3 table LL game comes after careful post-game analysis of my play, and realizations that my reads have been more than a little off in quite a few cases.