Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: The chosen people

[ QUOTE ]
The "probability" of each case is the same, namely zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I find the above statement most correct, I think it may be significant to point out that the "pro-Jesus guns" as some poster so eloquently put it, immediately attack the hypothetical question based on group B's foundation... Note that neither group A nor B nor C has been defined as any particular group.

That's right, they attack the foundation of a hypothetical, non-existant, similar to their own group, on its basis. Now, what is this basis, you ask?

Tagx007 will have you believe archaelogy and prophecies "proved" the Bible true beyond other texts. That's just too absurd and irrelevant for me to grant any further discussion, (I'm sure you can find pages of threads elsewhere) so let's look at sdm's argument: "Lack of detail" or "information" about the other group is his main concern. Let me now remind you that we are talking about three hypothetical groups in which no details were given about any of the religions. Yet, amazingly, he associates the first religion with Judeo-Christianity and therefore, defends it, because the second group (given the exact same information as the first) does not have the same "detail" or "information."

In conclusion, there is no "lack of detail" or "information" about the many other major religions besides Judaism and Christianity, you just haven't read it. Most of us, on the other boat, have, in fact, read the Bible and most other religious texts as well.