Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 PM

Default What decides moving up in limits?

I epitomize risk averse. I'm always fearful I'll ruin a good thing. I moved up to 2/4 about 1.5 months ago. I have about 7k hands under my belt and I've about 1,000 dollars. Thats great money for me, the unemployed college student. I can be complacent with that.

However, it is certainly possible for me to be making more. 3/6 is much harder, but I feel really comfortable 2/4 as if I am one of the better players at the table.

My poker bank roll started at $25 and over a year it's about 4500. I have the bank roll to play 3/6, but that can't be the sole determinant of whether I move up.

Another thing is I datamine 2/4 a fair amount, but I have 0 hands at 3/6 mined. Seeing as table selection is one of the biggest advantages to my game, this could be detrimental. How important is it to mine before you move up in limits?

I am not looking for an answer to my question of whether or not I, personally, should move up in limits. However, I am curious as to what you take into consideration when you move up. How important is datamining? Whats the most important consideration: winrate, comfort level, bankroll?