Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: $100k in \'05 (brag and commentary)

[ QUOTE ]
But, I think many posters are still sometimes too dismissive of contrary views. 2+2 dogma isn't always right; the fact it has evolved over time is proof of that. Contrary views are therefore critical not only because they're sometimes right, but because even if they aren't, we can often learn from the discussions they trigger. Plus, oftentimes the people who make the absolute statements aren't nearly as right as they think they are. In the last few months I've been definitively told a dozen times that if I play the way I suggest "I'll get run over." They seem to be wrong. But my point is that we can't learn from contrary views unless we take them seriously and address them respectfully, with a thoughtful explanation. The mid-high forum is much better about this than it was a year ago, but I still see the one-liner "this is wrong" stuff sometimes. This is much more common in the HU/SH forum and the posters who do it often don't have things quite right, IMHO. Plus there are many posters there who get pissed if you so much as suggest that they might've played a hand differently. Not particularly conducive to learning or improving, but I get the sense that that's not the reason some of the posters in HU/SH post.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. etc.