Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Best solution for running bad?

I am a disciplined player, and I almost never tilt. But I have been running really bad lately. I usually play 5-150 spread limit (no limit not legal in my state), but I also play 20-40 and 40-80.
The last 3 times I've had AA against KK and all the money went in preflop against 1 opponent, my AA has lost. And I've taken a huge number of other bad beats over the past month and a half. Finally, the last hand I played (40-80), I limped in with 44 on the cutoff seat and the Button raised. 3 of us called and the flop came down 554. First player bet, second folded, i called, and the button again raised. We both called (I intended to raise the turn). The turn came a duece. We both checked to the button who bet. FP called and I raised, button reraised, FP folds, and I capped it, button calls. The river came an A. I bet, button raised,I re-raised, Button re-raised, and I'm finally thinking, does this guy have AA? I knew he didn't have 55 because he wouldn't have raised the flop. So I just call (I could continue to raise since we're heads up). Sure enough, he flips over AA and takes down a massive pot. The FP said he folded the 4th A.
That hand cleaned me out just about and I left. What a finish to a horrible month and a half.

What does one do to recover from 45 days of bad beats and cold-decking? I usually do very well, but this past month and a half: everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong.

I'd really appreciate advise from any of you who have experienced similar streaks of pain.