Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Okay, WTF

I've been a consistent winner at Absolute Poker and Poker Room for the past 4 months at 1/2 with over 40,000 hands under my belt. This is at both 6-max and full ring. I've read a couple of great books and feel like I'm developing a pretty deep understanding of the game.

Once, a couple months ago, I threw 150 into Party and starting playing their lowest limits and I busted out real quick. I figured it was just bad luck, but quickly went back to my old sites. Recently I decided to put a few hundred bucks back into Party and try it again. I've had KK 3 times so far and every time they've been busted by an ace on the river. 3 out of the 4 times I've had AA I've had them cracked by a straight on the river. I've flopped 2 A-high flushes with a Q my hand, only to have another of the suit come on the river both times, giving my lone opponent who has the K an even higher flush. I've had countless other bad beats, and they seem to come nonstop, in both full ring and 6-max. The amazing thing is, all these bad beats seem to come on the river so that the pots get huge and the house seems to make a lot of money off the rake. I've read dozens of forum posts where people say Party is rigged, and they get shot down by a bunch of people who are apparently big winners at higher limits anyways. It seems to me this would not be as much of a problem at higher limits, since people tend not to chase their overcards to the river. Certainly the argument that Party Poker would not want to scare away their customers with bad beats is suspect, since most people at the lower limits expect to lose money anyways (since they suck), and since the extra rake would represent an enormous extra profit for Party. There would also be some added player retention with those players who tend to chase. I've tried real hard to believe all the people who say that this is wrong, but seriously, without any of the smartass answers I'm bound to get anyways, what would you think if you were in my shoes? I'm certainly open to any advice anybody can give me.