Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: that 'stick it in her pooper' is
funny 16 16.49%
used to be funny 36 37.11%
retarded 45 46.39%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: i hate AKs

[ QUOTE ]
sorry i meant that the blinds were 25/50
im in LP and no one else called his raise
he seems average not playin a ton of hands but not a complete rock either, average for this level
he has me covered: i have T1325 and he has T1470
one of the problems i've encountered is the flop'll come with rags or one paint and rags he checks i bet out 1/2 pot and he raises min...obviously i cant continue but this seems to happen with excessive frequency...ne ideas on what it means

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why you feel so obligated to bet the flop regardless of whether or not it hits you. You make a continuation bet if *you* were the opener PF, not if you called a raise. There's nothing wrong with checking behind on the flop or folding if he bets and the flop didn't hit you. I'd call and see a flop, then re-evaluate. You have position on the raiser and a good hand, there's no need to play it so recklessly, at least not when blinds are still 25/50 and your stack is in good shape.

All this isn't to say that I hate a push or anything. You're probably going to get called by lots of hands you have dominated in the 5s. Maybe to the point that it might be a good way to play it. But as you move up limits, the EV of pushing pre-flop when blinds are this low gets lower and lower.