Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Working on agression/protection

Another grunch.

Hand 1: obviously, it would help to know that the MPs will cold-call with. I would probably bet out here too. But if I get called, I probably slow down. I think you're in big trouble when MP2 raises you on the turn. I don't think a typical player would go nuts with just a pair of Qs on the turn given your action and the A on the board, so this looks like a made straight, a slow-played set, a big A, or two pair (maybe AQ?).

Hand 2: Again, it would help to know what sorts of hands UTG will play from EP. If he is reasonably tight, then its unlikely that he played a hand with a 3 or 5 in it (though maybe a suited ace with a 3 or 5?) So after the flop call, I think its pretty likely that he has a 10 with a bigger kicker. I would take the free card on the turn. Hard to see that a hand worse than yours would call a river bet, but maybe after the turn is checked through, UTG might put you on a bluff, so I would reluctantly call a river bet.

Hand 3: for the love of god man, raise PF! And I would 3-bet the flop too, though I wonder of late whether I'm too agressive on the flop shorthanded. That said, BB likes his hand, take his money now while you can. (If he has something like A9, he will likely slow down if an OC hits on the later streets).