Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Do I push here?

I was playing a MTT yesterday and had been bouncing around at 3000T or so but was having no luck aquiring more chips. The blinds had just moved to 100/200 and a few players at the table were already at ~8000-10K T. Origionally 1085 players. We are down to about 200 and the money starts at 140.

In late middle position I recieve KQh. It has been folded around to me so I raise to 800. (4X BB) The button goes all in with around 8000 and the blinds fold. I have no reads on the player since he has been moved to the table recently and all I can think is that his large chipstack indicates that he isnt a total idiot.

Should I push here? I folded but later felt that maybe this was a point where I should have pushed. I was crippled as the blinds continued to rise and I couldnt make another good play.

Funny enough I get KQs again when I have only 1000T left. I go all in preflop fromt he BB and am called down losign to A8 off.

Was I wrong to fold?
Greg