Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Back to back hands (200NL 6-max)

Sorry no hand history...I have been at the table for one orbit, and been dealt AK once, AQ twice, and 88, raise pre-flop with all and missed with all but have taken down every pot with pot-sized continuation bets on the flop. I mention this because I am probably looking somewhat maniacal when this hand comes up...

I am button with approx $260. Two limpers to me, I make it $11 to go with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The two limpers call, and both are pretty short (about $110 and $85 or so).

Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

First limper bets $12, second calls, I really don't know where to go from there with them both being short, so I push. Like? I'll kill the suspence; they both thought for awhile and folded.

Very next hand I am dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the CO. One limper to me, I make it $10 to to. SB calls ($200), big-stacked BB calls($450), and limper calls ($95). Somewhat relevant on the previous hand when I overbet the pot huge, big-stack typed "AK" in the chat box.

4 to the flop which comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet the pot($40), they all fold. I thought I could get any ace (namely big stack) to come along as I could take advantage of my image which looked extremely LAGish. After the fact I think a flop check and big turn bet were more in order. Thoughts on this line of thinking?