Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Iraq War making us safer?

Iraq still appears to be a bottomless pit of terror and
despair:

"Fighters loyal to militant leader Abu Musab Zarqawi asserted control over the key Iraqi border town of Qaim on Monday, killing U.S. collaborators and enforcing strict Islamic law, according to tribal members, officials, residents and others in the town and nearby villages.

Many of the towns along the river have been subject to domination by foreign-led fighters, despite repeated Marine offensives in the area since May. Residents and Marines have described insurgents escaping ahead of such drives, and returning when the offensives end.

In Baghdad, insurgents launched a dawn attack on the Interior Ministry, killing two police officers, officials said. Other political violence Monday in Baghdad killed at least 13 civilians, the Associated Press reported."

link to story

I hope we make it through this coming 9/11 anniversary without a terrorist attack. A terrorist attack at this time would be truly devasting. After its handling of this hurricane disaster, FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security do not inspire confidence so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about what might happen on the 9/11 anniversary.