Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Why I love soccer.

First of all Im not discussing if football is more entertaining to play( I prefer hoops for instance).I wont even try to convince you that soccer is more entertaining to watch than football, in fact I prefer fantasy football and football videogames over their soccer equivalent.
So why is soccer so amazing? Because of its structure...national club competition, continental club competition, continental country competition( Im also counting WC qualifiers here) and international country competiton.
Also club competion has relegation which means the worst teams of division 1 get replaced by the best teams of division 2 and so on.
I lived in England a couple of years when I was 4( Im now 17) and Im chilean born...thereby I have THREE( not one) clubs to follow...Liverpool, Chile , Universidad de Chile( its a pro team, in the 1930s the biggest universities played top amateur football thereby when the sport came pro..)
In pro football I only have one team to follow, the Tennesse Titans( my uncle explained footbll rules to me and the next day I saw Tennesse doing some crazy shiit beating the bills on the last play). Well u have college...so lets make it 2 and 2.( since most ppl dont live on other two countries on their childhood).
The thing is watching your COUNTRY playing soccer against Uruguay or Peru, Bolivia whatever is just some amazing stuff. You havent really watched sports until uve seen ure country.( i didnt go that deep on continental club competition becuase its kinda like college)
Anyway thats the problem with american sport there is only one season that matters..imagine if this year New England, Philly and Pittsburgh had to play against the best football team on the whole friggin world while at the same time they are playing in the local league.
PS: the major league soccer best teams will play against south americas best teams in the second most important south american club competion...ok so ure not going to enjoy soccer but ur kids will.I expect soccer to continue its grow in america, not because soccer its that fun but because soccer enviroment so fun..imagine if u could compete equally against France(trust me one single WC elimination would hurt more than 100 lance amstrong wins).