Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Playing on Tells

I havent seen this talked about but I havent been around long either. I was recently at a 2/5 NL table at the Borgata this Saturday which happened to be the toughest table I've ever happen to sit at with a lousy 300 while there was four or five stacks well over 1500. Anyways I knew I had to pay alittle more attention to get anywhere in this game and during one slop hand I was dealt 36o and being on the button I really wanted to play this hand. Big 300-400 dollar pots were being won left and right. Ive been around for 2 or 3 hours and I normally don't put anything on top of my hole cards to protect them but soon after looking at my hole cards I dropped a chip down ontop of them, I got 2 limpers besides myself one to my immediate right in late position. The flop came 337 rainbow. The play came down to heads up with me and the fellow in late position who when at showdown flipped pp 10's. I couldn't help but think on why he didnt raise to a few limpers with pp 10's in late position. He was a solid player and seemed on the up and up. My personal opinion is I scared em with a false tell while protecting my hand with a chip. Any comments?