Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: More fun than Sklansky\'s dogs

[ QUOTE ]
I just went back and reread my original post. In it, I never even claimed that "racism was dead"--here is what I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Cyrus, this isn't the 1950's. There is very little prejudice in America today against minorities, and what little there is, is quite possibly more than functionally offset by overwielding programs such as Affirmative Action.

All in all, the race card, and race issue ARE DEAD--except for those with axes to grind or those who remain ideologically mired in ancient (modern) history.

We don't live in "a racist society" at present. If anything, we live in one of the least racist societies in the entire history of the world. But will anything less than perfection ever satisfy the Leftists, or those with axes to grind or special interests? Sadly, I think the answer to that question is "no".

[/ QUOTE ]

This was misconstrued and I was misquoted as saying "racism is DEAD". I'm not going to bother going back right now to find out who the culprit was.

So foolish me for having tried to clarify a statement I didn't even make. And someone needs to learn to read a tad better, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

...below is your clarification of your original post:

[ QUOTE ]
By saying racism is largely DEAD in this country today, I don't mean "non-existent"--I mean of so little importance that it doesn't matter much anymore. Of course it still exists. It's just that most Americans aren't racist and the effects of any racism practiced today are negligible in the larger picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

.......of so little importance to whom?

What facts do you have to back up your assertion that 'most' Americans aren't racist?

If your statement is simply your opinion, I have no problem with that, as you are entitled to that, but it is only your opinion.

If what you're saying is that blatant racism has been greatly reduced in America over the past 50 years, then we are in agreement.

I do, however, disagree terming 'negligible' ...."the effects of any racism practiced today"