Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: A2o hand in SB

[ QUOTE ]
regular Bay 101 20/40

5 limpers, 2 very bad, i complete in SB with A2o.

flop is A93r, checked to button(unknown 40 yr old white dude) who bets, I check raise, all fold, he calls.

turn pairs the nine, I bet and fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop: fine. i dont fold aces even A2o getting over 5:1 and a strong possiblity of no bb riase (if bb was agro and table was aware i'd tighten my sb starting requirements, even w/ good pot odds)

flop: hate it. i really dont like a c'r here. its a saharah dry board w/ no straight or ANY kind of draw. c'ring gains you nothing and loses you lots when you are ahead and behind respectively. this is a very good spot for a check call on the flop, check call on the turn and re-evaluate the river.

w/ a2 i think i also would c'c the river.

once you c'r and its folded to the bettor then your turn fold is safe.

i just think the flop play negated your chance of seeing a cheap showdown, getting callers w/ desperate hands (very bad players still fold to c'rs but may call w/ KTo here or JTs w/ bd flush), and it opens you up to what happened.

anyways, not a huge deal since you were likely behind here. but i vastly prefer a c'c on the flop.

Barron