Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Quitting Your Job Articles

There is an interesting quandry as the people who need to hear the pessimistic advice will oftentimes think it doesn't apply to them and the people who know it doesn't apply to them are smart enough to realize that maybe they're wrong and are really falling into Group A.

Personally, since most of my friends are affluent, I know it doesn't matter if they get into poker and lose a few hundred, a few thousand, tens of thousands of dollars. PLUS, I know they're smart, so they invariably can at least have poker as a break-even hobby ... and, if not, the money lost at a $5-$10 $10-$20 game is meaningless.

So I have no problem encouraging people that I know that getting into poker is a fun thing, buying them a set of the 2+2 library and ushering them into our wacky world.

Would I be as gung-ho with someone making a mediocre living, that I didn't think had a good chance, with a family to support...? I don't think so.

Many people see the fast cash as an answer and if you're in a position in life where you need the fast cash, poker invariably isn't for you.

But it is for soooooooo many people.

There are lots of questions and lots of variables which is why smart guys like Dr. Al, Mason, and many others can debate the pro's and con's.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com