Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 11:05 AM

Default AK gets action

B&M 3/6. Much more aggressive table than most B&M. Few pots see a flop unraised. Average is 3-5 to the flop.

Hero is CO.

MP1 is relatively new to the table. He hasn't done anything out of line and has folded a reasonable number of hands so far.

Button has been at the table for two orbits and this is the 3rd hand he has played. Neither of the first two went to showdown. My impression of him is TAGish.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

folded to MP1, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button raises, blinds fold, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP1 bets, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, MP1 raises, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

The flop line surprised me a bit after the "call along to the cap" routine from MP1. My pre-flop hand range for MP1 was approximately: 22-TT, Axs, A4-AJ, any two suited broadway, KQo.

The flop action narrows that possible range significantly assuming he's a not totally unreasonable player. 99, 66, A9, A6 stand out as strong possibilities, which worries me. I've seen nothing to indicate he'd get this frisky with AJ or AT, though I have to put in the possibility now that he has a slow-played AK, possibly with the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or AA. I don't know if he'd get this aggro with QQ or KK.

The fold by Button strongly implies he had TT-KK.

With that much flop action and now being HU, I figure I'm WA/WB with my TPTK (likely behind), so with the pot large, I plan on going into call-down mode, especially since, given the hand range for villain, I'm unable to determine how many of my outs are clean.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP1 bets, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls

Comments welcome on all streets.