Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: two advices from cardplayer magazine...are they right?

[ QUOTE ]
Advice number 1 from Rolf Slotboom: "First of all, I dont think KQ offsuit is a raising hand after four limper. It is usually better to just call, hoping to flop top pair with a good kicker, a good but vulnerable hand that is often easier to defend in an unraised pot...."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I play it. I raise with it in EP, in order to discourage a multi-way pot, and I raise with it in LP in order to isolate a loose limper or two. But if there are lots of people in the pot, I don't like raising it, and usually limp.

[ QUOTE ]
Advice number 2 from Barry Tanenbaum. He pretty much says that one of the common and costly limit holdem errors is "calling turn raises with one pair". Then he gives an example where you have AK and flop is K65 rainbow, turn is 9 and you get check/raised. "Unless your opponent is very tricky, you are beat....you should almost always fold".

[/ QUOTE ]

People like to slow-play monsters on the flop. They feel they aren't getting paid for their hand so check/call and bump the turn. In his case I think he's saying that it is very likely the opponent has a set, or 2 pair. In any case, the raiser is telling you 'You bet with a K on the board, and that K doesn't scare me'.

I don't think I'd fold... I'd probably call down with it, depending on who the raiser was.

KO