Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Hmm, Calling two out of the blind.

Mp2 is table fish. I have him at 63/6 over 70 hands.
Button is 17/8 Slightly agressive, especially with position.
SB is 12/4 Having postition on him has allowed me to make better decisions, mostly to the quality of his cards.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

At first I considered mucking, but the fact that I would be getting effectively 5-1 on my call. I decided to get away from potentally bad flops, but position on the SB helped.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Had the SB led, I would have been at a tougher spot, but as it is, I may have the best hand. Mp2 is not a worry, as he will raise if he has an ace beat.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Mp2's call on the turn leads me to believe he is drawing. I will lead any non flush river.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I posted this because I was interested to hear thoughts about playing a TAG a LAP, and a potential blind steal all in the same hand. I was forced to ajust to three opponents, all with different tendancies.

Comment on PF and flop. Both times I considered mucking, however I played.