Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Help JBB Food Shop

Hi. This thread is inspired by TSC's cheap food that pwns thread, which I plan on pouring over in detail. If you find there is too much overlap here, I apologize, and I'll just focus on that thread.

So I've moved into a new apt. and have no food in there whatsoever. I want to go food shopping soon and want some recommendations on things to buy--things that can be used to make dinners for myself. I live in an area with great access to food markets so, in addition to standard supermarket stuff, I can get health food stuff and specialty items as well as fresh stuff.

I'm obviously going to buy soda, cereal, eggs, mac and cheese and stuff. But if anyone has reccomendations for items that are good to have around that can be used to make quick meals, I'd love to hear. One important issue is that the kitchen is small so things that are elaborate and tought to make won't fly. I have no access to a grill, although I may buy a small indoor one if nec.

(The more I think about it, the more I think I just need to print out the Tsc thread...but oh well, toss me something if you've got it)