Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Three live 4/8 hands for dissection

The table is fairly loose and there is a mix of loose and aggressiveness after watching for a couple rounds. All hands are 9 or 10 handed.

Hand 1

I am 2 off the button. 3 callers and I raise with JcJd. Blinds call and so do the limpers.
flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB folds, UTG+ 1 calls and everyone folds to me. I fold.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and SB bets and UTG+1 folds. Should I have raised the flop with my underpair? With so many limpers I was thinking at least one would have a king and I had seen several pots before where people called with TP weak kicker to the river.

Hand 2

I am in middle+3 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF: UTG+1 calls, Middle+2 next to me raises, I 3bet, blinds call, Middle raiser calls.

FLOP: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, everyone folds to Mid+2 who calls.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Mid+2 bets, I call with my Q high flush.

Should I have bet out on the turn with my set? I chose not because he seemed likely not to fold any draw for only one bet.

Hand 3

I am dealth A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in Mid+3. 4 limp to me and I raise. Button calls, SB raises, BB reraises. Everyone calls.

FLOP: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, everyone but one calls, I raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB reraises, everyone folds to me, I call and SB calls.

TURN: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

RIVER: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB folds.

Should I have reraised my two pair? I was going for an overcall, but that didn't work. The BB PF reraise had me thinking A 10 or 1010 so I didn't raise out of fear of a set. Too weak tight?