Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2005, 01:34 PM

Default higher stakes EV

Hey guys,

This is my first post here. After lurking in the shadows and learning so much info I decided it was time to actively participate.

I'm going to start off with an interesting question about tight aggressive tables and staying ahead of the blinds. In my experience (which is limited), I have noticed that it is easy to get positive results at tables that are loose passive/aggressive. As long as there are 3 or 4 people in the pot, you can stand to make a lot and stay ahead of the blinds and bad beats.

But when the table becomes tight aggressive everything changes. Now there are usually only two people in the pot, and the first one in always raises. This makes not hitting your hand a big deal, as you just paid for the blinds, and this raise to get to where you are. Even if you win the pot, you have to make up for the other blinds and lost pots.

So my question is: What do you guys do when your hand misses, either as the original raiser or not, and with only one other person in the pot? Which play gives you the best EV?

Tommi