Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: HU battle history - I think this should be really interesting...

Thanks for the response.
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 turn push is terrible given board. folding to minraise is pro.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be pro next time. I would have been pro this time, but I rushed my decision a bit since I just didn't feel like giving this guy credit for a hand. In fairness, we hadn't played against each other in a while and I forgot how generally tight he is. But still. I think folding here is definitely correct. I don't even have a big overpair. He could even have AA-JJ here for all I know.

[ QUOTE ]

hand 3

perfect

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet. So you never push the turn here even if you're willing to call off the rest of your stack on the river?

[ QUOTE ]

hand 4

i threebet here a lot PF but my HU game is pretty ramped up PF because my opponents in gneral overrespect a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it but knew he wouldn't give me credit for a hand on the flop so thought I should just take a flop and try to use position to make him uncomfortable postflop. Any merit in that thinking?

[ QUOTE ]
that siad i don't like a turn bet here at all cos you lose the bald bluffs and keep the hands that beat you and the solid semibluffs. i think you see QK with 1 or 2 spades here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this shows a fundamental flaw in my thinking here. A lot of people are nailing his hand: KQ with a spade. I never even thought for a second that he might have such a good hand. First of all, his hand range has to be huge to raise HU out of the SB since we play pretty aggro against each other. I basically put him on ATC. Then he bets the flop, still ATC. So I have to assume that I am ahead on the turn, but he could have a spade so I want to protect. I figure that I should bet out big (I bet quickly, too) to make it look like a bluff so that he will push to re-bluff and I'll call being way ahead. The river blanked, I pulled the pot, and then I checked the HH for his hand. I was shocked.

With such a good hand, he has to figure that he is ahead a very large percentage of the time. So why push in and make me fold what he considers to be a bluff most likely? And the few times that he isn't ahead here, he has a good draw to the second nuts, which I'm never going to give him credit for. I don't see any reason why he pushes instead of calling the turn. I'm never going to fold a better hand against him here. He should just call and then check to me on the river and hope I continue my bluff! Or if a spade hits, maybe he should push and hope I call him with a smaller spade trying to snap off HIS bluff. So even though you guys are all nailing his hand dead on, I think his turn line makes NO sense for his holding! Help??