Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Default I think I did the right thing against 2 made straights.

Will Hill £.5/£1 10 handed, loose table, but no maniacs or wild aggression- In fact, quite passive.

I got shouted at a lot after this hand. I've been making a big effort since reading SSH to count all my outs, including hidden ones. Did I do right?

I'm In MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: MP1, Hero, MP3, CO, SB call. BB checks. 6SB

Thoughts: Standard?

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Action: SB, BB. MP1 check, I bet, All but MP1 call.
11 SB

Thoughts: OK, so why bet? Passive table, an I think there'll be a lot of calls. I've got 8 clean outs, plus an ace and a b'door flush. I doubt the 3 9's would do me any good, but even then I think I've got enough equity to raise.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Action: SB checks, BB bets, I call, MP3 calls, CO raises, SB calls and is all in for £1, BB re-raises, I call, MP3 folds, CO caps, BB calls, I call.

Thoughts: When it comes round to me 3-bet, I know two things. First, SB has a 5, second, It's coming back to me capped, so if I call it's effectively three to me.

I hate being squeezed like this.

OK, dickwad, think: you've got 4 10's, a couple of fives, and spades to turn it around. Which gives me ... oooh, a lot of outs (yes, this is how I actually think at the table.) So I call.

Reconstructing afterwards- I think it's nine to one when it comes back to me or 6 to 1 if I count the inevitable cap. Either way i've got to call, for the flush alone, right?

The river was a red 5 and I was happy and the other two were most unhappy with me.