Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM

Default When will I get a ruling?

This one's a doozie (sp?)

Playing at the Daytona Kennel Club. They run a $45 buy in, 4 table tournament. 12 players per table. Top 2 from each table go to the "final table". ALL 8 PLAYERS AT THE FINAL TABLE START WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF CHIPS! Is that crazy or have any of you seen this before?

Anyway, to my BS ruling. There are 3 left at my table, (including me). Old Lady (OL) in the 8 seat is short stacked and throws in what appears to be the rest of her chips. It was about 3 BB's. We were playing with black ($100) and pink ($500) chips. She threw in 4 pink and 7 or 8 black chips. Other player folds and I look at A5o in the BB.

I think for about 25 to 30 seconds. I say "alright I call ya, I got an Ace" and flip my cards up. Before they hit the felt OL starts screaming that my hand is dead, AS SHE HOLDS 1 BLACK CHIP IN THE AIR. I did not see it. The dealer did not see it. The other player did not see it. She was hiding it under her arm.

No problem, I say to myself. This is a pretty clear angleshot, I'll just wait for the floor to get here, and we'll continue the hand. Floor comes over, hears what happened, and PUSHED HER THE ENTIRE POT. She didn't even show her hand.

I swear I have never gotten a ruling...