Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2005, 05:17 AM

Default couple of AQ hands: weak-tight

5-10 at borgata this past wknd. i'm running white-hot and cover the table. in lp i raise AQ of spades to 40 after 1 limper. button calls, sb calls, bb reraises the minimum to 70. limper (pretty solid from what i've seen; has around 1500) cold-calls the two raises. i call, button and sb both call as well. flop is QT5 two diamonds, no spades. sb checks, bb-reraiser checks, i'm about to fire a 200-250 bet if it's checked to me when the limp-coldcaller bets 200. i fold.

later in the morning, i limp in mp with AQo after a limper or two, 4 or 5 of us see an unraised flop of AQ3 two spades. checked to one of the limpers who bets 25, i make it 75, bb checkraises to 200 straight. first bettor drops, i call. turn is an offsuit J, bb checks again, i bet 300, he checkraises again, to 800 total with 1300 behind (i have him covered). i can't remember the last time i was dumb enough to get checkraised twice in the same hand. almost out of sheer embarrassment i come thisclose to pushing, but after agonizing i fold once more. yuck.

for those who know him, rocco was sitting next to me in hand 2; i told him afterwards what i laid down and he said i should've played for it all, if i lose i lose. thoughts on that assessment? comments welcomed on any part of either hand.