Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Dammit Paul! Yer not making it easy for us to worship you.

Phillips has come off as a classless prick lately. I used to be a huge fan of his, but as usual your analysis is dead-on Daliman. It's very very unlikely that Tod Witteles posted as somebody else on FCP. But Phillips makes what could be considered a pretty serious allegation attacking someone's character and then refuses to even discuss the allegation with Druff.
Another issue that is fairly annoying is Phillips close mindedness on Espn substituting hole cards. It is now confirmed that the hole cards were correct when Hellmuth bluffed out what's his name when dude has 3 jacks. Philips barely acknowledges that his strong and vocal accusations were false in this instance but instead says well every other time the make believe hole cards did occur. Then Philips says somthing like there is almost zero chance that Lisandro had 2 tens against Ivey. Then it becomes again very likely had Lisandro had the tens and Philips refuses to acknowledge this as well

I appreciate Philips intelligence and sense of humor and love that he makes fun of Hellmuth, but lately his behavior has been borderline delusional, and he really doesnt come off as a rational fair or logical which is something I had come to expect from him.

FWIW I may not being entirely fair to Philips here, I don't have time to make a well thought out post especially when I'm confident my opinion is incredibly unimportant to him