Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2005, 07:19 PM

Default In which I checkraise with undercards.

Party 10/20. Good game. Table is somewhat loose, but nothing out of the ordinary; I've been playing fairly well, have a pretty good image as far as I can tell.

UTG folds and I raise black QJo next to act. This may or not be a mistake the way the game was playing out, but I think it's close at least.

A loose passive player next to me coldcalls, and in the seat after him, a 20/15/3 TAG who I think is a bit overaggressive and a mediocre handreader, coldcalls on the Button. SB coolcalls, BB folds, and we have ourselves a family pot. Whoops.

The flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I look at the 4-handed pot and the fact that Button coldcalled and the fact that I really don't know where I am and decide to check. This may be a mistake, as this is a decent flop for representing a decent hand, IMO. But alas, I check.

The loose-passive player (who will bet pairs and draws, FWIW), checks, and now Button bets. Hmm. SB folds.

I pause for just a moment, and checkraise.

Rob