Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 AM

Default real simple question. Why play 6 handed?

Like the subject says what's the point of playing 6 handed? Is it simply to be able to open up and play more hands due to the fewer opponents? Doesn't it kinda make their play better since they are less incorrect to play more hands than they are in a full 10 handed game?

I see it's very popular but I don't know what kind of starting hand requirements I should adopt. Is a good way to start to simply adopt a set of starting hands similar to what I would play at a full game and increase the top pair hands by lessening the kicker requirements and play the same drawing hands from late position if there are a few people in to get some odds?

Please let me know. I'm a +3.5BB/100 at full games since I read LLH and have adopted the more agressive style of play advocated. The sample size is only about 5k hands so far though but I'm confident it will stay positive as I have always been a winning player both at limit and no limit since I started playing online.

I would like to find some more lively games than the moderately tight PP .5/1 tables I've been playing lately.