Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Second Necrophilia Post

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think a living person has the right to control over what happens to her body once she is dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Any assets owned by a person is given up once that person is dead. A dead person can't have rights. Now a person may make suggestions prior to his or her death, but even then they don't have to be honored. I don't know if you remember when the baseball legend Ted Williams passed away, his wishes were to have his body cremated then scattered over the Florida Keys. His son, in lue of cremation, had his body frozen. Though I believe there was some dispute over some documents which stated William's desire.

Anyway, even if you're suggesting that a person does have control over their dead body, then that only validates a necrophilia contract. Even if a loved one specificly states that they do not want their body used for sexual acts, EVEN then I have a problem saying that it's wrong to go against their wishes.