Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: A few procedural things for SSNL

[ QUOTE ]

3) A weekly threads digest. This is a new phenomenon in both the micros and SS limit forums, and it is probably the greatest single benefit I have ever seen to the forums. Once a week (usually Mondays), some designated person (usually self-appointed, not necessarily the mod) selects the 10 or so threads with the best content from the week before, and posts a link to each. Usually there are 5 or 10 words describing the thread content.

This has been fantastic. There are so many new posts every day by so many people that nobody can see them all. A lot of people only open threads where certain people have contributed, and that's fine. But then they may miss many great or potentially great threads because nobody they are looking for contributed to them. But by putting links to them in the digest, these great threads get popped again. More often than not, the resulting traffic in the digest threads is even better the second time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be incredibly beneficial. I know for myself I don't have time to read through most of the posts everyday due to work schedule and other time spent on non-poker related things. Granted that also doesn't leave me much time to post replies either (mostly just reading posts atm). I tend to look at who posted and/or the number of replies to a post or an interesting title and open those up and read those first, but I'm sure I miss a lot of important replies by people and I think this weekly top posts idea would be great to those who don't have time to stop by everyday.