Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Collusion/Annoying Behavior

Last week, my wife and kids were out of town. So, instead of playing online like I usually do, I made 3 trips over to the Harrahs in Council Bluffs. Over the three days, I played their highest spread limit game, 5/10 and 10/20. The games were mostly made up of 50% regulars who obviously knew each other (And knew me after the second day) and 50% random joe/occasional visitor.

But I saw something that pissed me off. I did not say anything, and was surprised to see no comment by the dealers. But probably atleast 10 times over the 15 hours or so I played, if two regulars got HU on the flop or turn, all the sudden one of them would just flip his cards, the other guy would do the same thing, and they'd have the deal run the cards to see who won. These were hands with multiway pots preflop. Several times one of them held monsters like trips, flushes, etc.

Now, I never felt they were reraising to isolate so they could check it down. If I thought they had done that I would have called the floor in a heartbeat.

Opinions? I just didnt feel comfortable with it.

Nick