Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM

Default PLO8 Hand Analysis

Help me out with my play on this hand.

My thoughts:

On the flop I have top two and position, when several limpers call $2 I raise to ten with the thought that I probably have the best hand, and I want to chase the low draws (that might not go away if I hit a nice low blank on the turn) and chase the straight draws (some of whom fold on this board because of flush draw). I expect a good flush draw will probably stay especially if they have a straight possibility, a draw to a good low or an Ace.

Stoogeone's re-raise limits elimitates the other players-- and I have my first decision, fold/call/raise?

I called because I believed I had the best hand at this point. The only hands ahead of me are AA, QQ & 99. Stoogeone is a 25 VPIP player with a total Aggression factor of around 1.2. my read on him is he fairly solid but does make bad decisions. I put him on the flush draw, possibly with the straight draw as well, and I think trips are unlikely. I call because I think I'm ahead, but even if I am, I am not a prohibitive favorite against the hands I put him on.

Turn card comes that makes the straight and he leads out. After a lot of thought, I fold. The only one of the hands I place him on that I beat is the flush draw. Nevertheless, I am HIGHLY suspicious of his pot bet there. Did I fold incorrectly on the end? At that point I have put in a third of my stack, which I hate to lose, but the alternative really is that a call commits me for the rest, and either have 4 outs to a made hand (probably less with all the limpers on the flop) and I still have to fold if another high card or heart comes on the river.

What do you think he had?