View Poll Results: folded to you in the CO with KTo
call 0 0%
raise 93 95.88%
fold 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Should I go back to school?

I'm actually in a similar predicament now. I'm an engineering student who did really well my first year of college, but poker came along, and I stopped going to classes, as poker became my priority. Unfortunatly I didn't pass enough classes last year and I'm struggling right now to be able to get back into my program. I make more right now then I would at a good engineering job my first couple years out of college, but it scares me to think what would happen if poker dried up and I'd have nothiing to fall back on...as a result, if I do get back in to college this year, it'll have to be my priority, and I will HAVE to give up poker...its a dangerous game.

I, and I'm sure a lot of guys here too, feel that were better then school, smarter then it even. Who needs class when we can open up a text book a day before an exam. And that often works, but soon you won't even want to pick up that text book and just say f*ck it, and not even go to the exam.

This is a note for all GOOD college freshman poker players out there. Leave the game for the summer, cause nothing ruins college like making 60K+/year by clicking buttons on a computer screen.