Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2003, 06:33 AM

Default my experience with UB, empire and stars

I learn so much every day. And I realize how you guys must have felt when I came here and post stupid bad beats. When I lost $10 I felt awfull. I couldn't understand why someone would keep drawing for a $4!! Because $4 was a lot of money. I also understand the importance of a good bankroll. I have $3K online now. And that money used to belong to someone else. These are my winnings of the last couple of months. If I lose $100 or $200 it's like losing a few bucks. You hardly feel it. Because you know you'll win it back. This helps me preveting to go tilt. The money has no real value anymore. I try to play my A game all the time.
There's one thing that bugs me. I can't beat the game on stars. And I'm trying to figure out why. You've to find the rhythm of the site. It may sounds stupid. But the players are not playing the same way. The exact same player may be tighter on UB and looser on empire for example. Once you've found the rhythm of the site you'll start winning. I have found the rhythm at UB and empire. But I can't find it for stars. The most logic thing is to stop with stars. Because my winrate is way below average. I have made a little experiment. I'll continue with this for the rest of my life. I love statistics.

Click here for my excel file

This is not the complete file. I have the original one with all dates and hours I have played. I write down when I start and when I stop. The sheets calculates how many minutes I have played and will tell me how much I win per hour.
This is only five days. So by no means realistic. But I'll keep writing everything down. And after a year it will become clear.

Empire win/lose rate: $36,22/hour (916 minutes played)
Ultimate Bet win/lose rate: $27,28/hour (849 minutes played)
Stars win/lose rate: -$0,13/hour (702 minutes played)

Total minutes: 2467 = 41 hours played in 5 days. This means I come home from work and play till I go to bed. Yes, I am addicted [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But I've won almost $1,000 in less then one week. I consider it as working.

I know UB players are a bit tighter then other sites, so my winrate is a little lower. It should be even lower then $27, but I won a tournament and that boosted up the numbers. Empire/party is well known for the crazy people. So my winrate is very high. No comment for stars. On the fifth day I got lucky. I had KK, $50 stack, two callers to my $5 preflop bet. Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] First guy bets $5 I raise $5, he raises $5, I raise $5 again and he just calls. Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] He moves all in. I don't hesitate and call right away. Knowing he must have the flush. But oh well. Maybe I'm lucky. River a Q. No help. He opens TT, set of tens and I take the pot. More then $100. So I got lucky and came back. But most of the time I just lose on stars.

What is my point? I'm not saying stars is a bad site. All the newbies should pick out a good site, one they like. And they should keep playing there. Go to the site where you win most of your money. I'm lucky most of the players here are limit. So the fish on the $25 NL HE tables are all mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I also realize how important it is to select your table. Don't just sit down and play. Open several tables and watch it for a few minutes. It's worth your time. You'll spot some crazy guys and go take their money!

good luck to all.

I hope this will last forever. If I win $1,000/week I'll stop working!! hahahahah [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]