Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 AM

Default WSOP Main Event - Me VS Mel Judah

Well I figured I would post one more hand that confused me now looking back. I should state though that just because I am posting these hands they are not necesarily hands I lost with so dont just post "why didnt u fold, I would of." If however it is your honest opinion than yeah do that.

Side Note: I cant remember the actual bet amounts but this early in a deep tourney so stack sizes arre not that relevent.

Alright first level of tournament, I had just lost a huge pot w QQ vs AA no overs pot. That stung but I didnt bust out on it and still had a little over 7000 so I was proud in that rergard. At any rate about an orbit later Mel Judah limps from early position. It is folded around to me on the small blind. I have KJ so I raise.

Why raise u say?
Well a few reasons,
1) From what I knew of Mel Judah was that he was easily pushed off hands early in tourneys. Was this true, I did not know but at the first level I should find out.

2) This is the big one, players are playing tight and they know that. Raises are being respected hugely.

3)He limped from Early position and was screaming a small to medium pair. WHen money is that deep thats what u do limp w these hands. So by raising even if he calls I should be able to take the pot.

It is folded around and Mel calls.

Flop K74 all spades.
(my J is a spade)
I check he checks

Well why did I check. To CR of course. If he bets and I raise I now know where I am at for the rest of the hand.

Turn is a J
I now have 2pair so I check again.
WHy check again and risk giving a free card?
Because he will call if I bet making a larger that I dont want to be unless it actually gives some info on the opponents hand. 2 If he has a high spade and I check twice the majority of the time he will bet.
3 If he has a flush I can find out on the turn.

He bets the turn and I CR twice his bet. He thinks for a wile and calls. At this point I thought I had the best hand and was up against a possible flush draw or KQ maybe with a possible Qs.

Rive was a blank 9.

I bet out about half the pot

Thoughts?