Default Re: Return of the Fantasy Football Advice Column

[ QUOTE ]
ok, I have a dynasty roster, ten teams.

scoring is:

[/ QUOTE ] I really don't need such a specific breakdown. [ QUOTE ]

we start QB, 2WR, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, D. 12 bench spots

my current team is

QB - Brady, Carr
RB - Holmes, K Jones, L Jordan, Ricky Williams, LJohnson, C Taylor, Blaylock, Clarett
WR - Holt, Wayne, Driver, T Williamson, Greg Lewis (shaddup, U of I bias)
TE - Heap, Wiggins
K - Vinateri
D - Buffalo

the question is what RBs to deal and where to upgrade. I could use better QB/WR production or an elite TE, but I'm not sure how much I'll have to pay for that.

FWIW I had just deal J porter for Larry Johnson to insure that I have the KC RB position locked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players do you protect? It's hard to give any advice without that info, but assuming it is a about equal to your starters, I'd protect both KC RBs and KJones. If it's significantly more, add Jordan. If it is a LOT more, add Taylor and Ricky.

Dealing Ricky would be my primary goal. You are not going to improve much at QB, RB, your top 2 WR positions, or een your flex RB/WR spot. But you could really use a better third WR. (I'm big on Porter this year, assuming he recovers from his recent malady, but in your case, LJ was a neccessity -- nice trade.) Go young: Lee Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, etc. If you can pick up Charles Rogers cheap, do that. Also, you want a young RB for the day the Priest stops, especially in case of Vermeil/LJ explosion.

Heap is a good TE and it's not worth breaking the bank to improve on. There are only two guys who are significantly better than he, and even that's a question. (Note that I'd draft Witten higher than Heap, but once you have Heap, trading him plus another player for Witten is silly.)

Greg Lewis should be traded ASAP. His value is as high as it will ever get. This is not a joke.